Essential information about the Patris Health® Anemia Home Test (Iron Deficiency)
How to perform the test?
Iron deficiency anaemia due to a lack of iron in the blood, severely impacts health. The test is a convenient self-diagnostic tool for screening a potential iron deficiency in the privacy of your home.
- Intended use: Detection of Ferritin concentration for the assessment of Iron Deficiency.
- For self-testing: No experience needed.
- Sample type: Finger Capillary Blood.
- Testing time: 15 minutes.
- Accuracy: At least 98%, clinically validated.
- Certificates: ISO13485, CE0483
- Compliance: European directive 98/79/EC on the in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- Trade name: Patris Health® – Anemia Home Test
- Made in France
The Patris Health® Anemia Home Test kit includes:
- one testing device,
- one diluent buffer,
- two micro-pipettes for blood transfer,
- two lancets to puncture a fingertip,
- one alcohol pad to disinfect the puncture site,
- detailed instructions for use with the illustrative step-by-step testing procedure.
Note: You need only one pipette and one lancet to perform the test. Extra one pipette and one lancet are included in the kit as spare parts if you need them to complete the testing procedure successfully.
Individuals usually need about 5 minutes to perform the analysis, and then there is a 10-minute waiting time for the result.
- Draw a drop of blood from a fingertip.
- Add the blood and testing solution to the test device.
- Wait 10 minutes and read the result.
The test kit comes with detailed instructions for use. Follow the procedure exactly as instructed, and you will not have any difficulties performing the analysis.
Interpretation of the Results
Results are interpreted visually as positive, negative or invalid.
The Colour intensity of the test line and control line can be different. If the line is visible, you should take the result into account.
Positive result: Only a Control line (C) appears.
- Ferritin concentration in the blood is too low.
- Do not panic.
- Consult your doctor about further examination.
Negative result: Control (C) and Test (T) lines appear.
- Ferritin concentration in blood is normal.
- If symptoms of iron deficiency persist, consult your doctor for laboratory examination.
Invalid result: Invalid result appears if you do not carefully follow instructions for use. Please take a photo of such a test result and contact us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions about the Patris Health® Anemia Home Test
It is best to perform the test if you are experiencing symptoms of iron deficiency, such as paleness, feeling tired, headaches, faster heartbeat, or shortness of breath during exercise, mainly during pregnancy or in case of heavy menstrual bleedings.
You can perform the test at any time of the day. You should avoid testing in case of diseases, acute inflammations, or spleen or liver injury.
Yes, testing is effortless. You need to collect a drop of blood from your fingertip. Then you add it to the test device and add a test solution afterwards.
Individuals usually need about 5 minutes to perform the analysis. Then there is a 10-minute waiting time for the result.
A clinical performance evaluation study demonstrated that the test is at least 98% accurate. It is based on proven technology and has been used in clinical settings for over 10 years.
The Patris Health® Anemia Home Test is manufactured in France with premium materials according to ISO13485. It is CE0483 certified in Germany and approved for home use by the European authorities.
If, for any reason, the test device does not work, please take a photo of it, and send it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our tests are straightforward and designed for non-professionals. Errors happen when individuals do not follow instructions for use strictly. You must not skip any step of the testing procedure, and you must respect the exact quantity of blood and testing solution and time. The test kit comes with illustrated and explanatory instructions for use. If you follow them, you will not have any difficulties.