Essential information about the Patris Health® Calprotectin Home Test
Increased concentration of calprotectin in stool indicates inflammation in the intestines. The Patris Health® Calprotectin Home Test is valuable rapid test for screening patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Chron’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Intended use: Detection of Calprotectin in Faeces (50 µg/g).
- For self-testing: No experience needed.
- Sample type: Faeces.
- Testing time: 10 minutes.
- Accuracy: At least 95,4 %, clinically validated.
- Certificates: ISO13485, CE0483
- Compliance: European directive 98/79/EC on the in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- Trade name: Patris Health® – Calprotectin Home Test
- Made in France
The Patris Health® Calprotectin Home Test kit includes:
- one test device,
- one faecal sample collection paper strip,
- one sample collector with extraction solution,
- detailed instructions for use with the illustrative step-by-step testing procedure.
Testing takes about 15 minutes. Individuals usually need about 5 minutes to perform the analysis, and then there is a 10-minute waiting time for the result.
- Collect a stool sample.
- Mix the stool sample with the extraction solution.
- Add the extract to the testing device.
- Wait 10 minutes and read the result.
The test kit comes with detailed instructions for use. Follow the procedure exactly as instructed, and you will not have any difficulties performing the analysis.
Interpretation of the Results
Results are interpreted visually as positive, negative or invalid.
The Colour intensity of the test line and control line can be different. If the line is visible, you should take the result into account.
Positive result: Control (C) and Test (T) lines appear.
- Stool sample contains more than 50 µg of calprotectin per gram of stool.
- Do not panic.
- Consult your doctor for further examination.
Negative result: Only a Control line (C) appears.
- Stool sample does not contain calprotectin or its concentration is lower than 50 µg/g of stool.
- If symptoms of intestinal inflammation persist, consult your doctor for medical examination.
Invalid result: Invalid result appears if you do not carefully follow instructions for use. Please take a photo of such a test result and contact us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions about the Patris Health® Calprotectin Home Test
Testing with the Patris Health® Calprotectin Home Test makes sense if you are experiencing symptoms of intestinal inflammation such as abdominal pain, cramps, diarrhea, bloating, weight loss.
A clinical performance evaluation study demonstrated that the test is at least 94.6% accurate. The test is based on a proven technology that is in use in clinical practice for over 30 years.
The Patris Health® Calprotectin Home Test is manufactured in France with premium materials according to ISO13485. It is CE0483 certified in Germany and approved for home use by the European authorities.
If, for any reason, the test does not work, please take a photo of it, and send it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our tests are straightforward and designed for non-professionals. Errors happen when individuals do not follow instructions for use strictly. You must not skip any step of the testing procedure. The test kit comes with illustrated and explanatory instructions for use. If you follow them, you will not have any difficulties.
There are no reviews yet.