Essential information about the Patris Health® Kidneys Function Home Test
The test detects a very low concentration of albumin in the urine (10 μg/ml). Measurement of urine albumin is vital for detecting kidney disease and monitoring kidney health.
- Intended use: Evaluation of the albumin concentration in the urine.
- For self-testing: No experience needed.
- Sample type: Urine
- Testing time: 5-10 minutes
- Accuracy: At least 88%, clinically validated.
- Certificates: ISO 13485, CE0483.
- Compliance: European directive 98/79/EC on the in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- Trade name: Patris Health® – Kidney Function Home Test
- Made in France
The Patris Health® Kidneys Function Home Test kit includes:
- one test strip,
- one plastic cup for urine sample collection,
- detailed instructions for use with the illustrative step-by-step testing procedure.
Testing takes about 6-7 minutes. Individuals usually need about 1-2 minutes to perform the analysis, and then there is a 5-minute waiting time for the result.
For the analysis, you should use the first-morning urine.
- Collect the urine sample in the urine collection cup included in the kit.
- Immerse the test strip into the urine for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Wait 5 minutes for the result.
The test kit comes with detailed instructions for use. Follow the procedure exactly as instructed, and you will not have any difficulties performing the analysis.
Interpretation of the Results
Results are interpreted as positive, borderline, negative and invalid.
- Urine contains more than 20 μg/ml of albumin.
- A positive result may also be due to a temporary change in your physiological state.
- Important: Intensive physical activity, fever, severe infection or pregnancy can increase albumin concentration in the urine.
- We recommend you repeat the test several days later. If the positive result repeats, consult your doctor about further examination.
- Urine contains between 10 μg/ml and 20 μg/ml of albumin.
- We recommend you control your urine albumin level from time to time.
- Urine contains less than 10 μg/ml of albumin.
Invalid: Invalid result appears if you do not carefully follow instructions for use. Please take a photo of such a test result and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions about the Patris Health® Kidneys Function Home Test
The test should preferably be performed in the morning with the first-morning urine because the concentration of compounds in the urine is generally higher in the first-morning urine.
Intensive physical activity, fever, severe infection or pregnancy can increase albumin concentration in the urine.
Experts recommend measuring albumin concentration in urine, especially in individuals at higher risk of developing kidney disease. Patients with diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and known hereditary kidney disease in the family have the highest risk of chronic kidney disease development. Smokers and obese people are at higher risk as well.1
1 Skamen J., Purg D., Lindič J., 2011. Detection of Chronic Kidney Disease. Med razgl, 2011(50). 419-432.
The test detects the albumin concentration of 10 μg/ml (limit of detection).
The test is highly accurate. A clinical performance evaluation study demonstrated that the test is at least 88% accurate. It is based on proven technology and has been used in clinical settings for over 10 years.
More significant is a very high correlation with positive and negative laboratory results. This test showed a false-positive result in only 1.7% of cases and no false-negative results.
The Patris Health® Kidney Function Home Test is produced in France with premium materials according to ISO13485. It is CE0483 certified in Germany and approved for home use by the European authorities.
If, for any reason, the test does not work, please take a photo of it, and send it to us by email at email@example.com
Please note: Our tests are straightforward and designed for non-professionals. Errors happen when individuals do not follow instructions for use strictly. You must not skip any step of the testing procedure. The test kit comes with illustrated and explanatory instructions for use. If you follow them, you will not have any difficulties.