Essential Information about the Patris Health® Liver Function Home Test (ALT and AST)
With the Patris Health® Liver Function Home Test, you will be able to check if the concentration of liver enzymes ALT and/or AST in your blood is within the normative.
- Intended use: Detection of liver enzymes ALT and AST.
- For self-testing: No experience needed.
- Sample type: Finger capillary blood
- Testing time: 15 minutes
- Accuracy: At least 89.2%, clinically validated.
- Certificates: ISO 13485, CE0483
- Compliance: European directive 98/79/EC on the in vitro diagnostic medical devices
- Trade name: Patris Health® – Liver Function Home Test
- Made in France
The Patris Health® Liver Function Home Test Kit includes:
- one testing device,
- one diluent buffer,
- two micro-pipettes for blood transfer,
- two lancets to puncture a fingertip,
- one alcohol pad to disinfect the puncture site,
- detailed instructions for use with the illustrative step-by-step testing procedure.
Note: You need only one pipette and one lancet to perform the test. Extra one pipette and one lancet are included in the kit as spare parts if you need them to complete the testing procedure successfully.
Testing will take 15 minutes of your time. Individuals usually need about 5 minutes to perform the analysis, and then there is a 10-minute waiting time for the result.
- Draw a drop of blood from a fingertip.
- Add the blood and testing solution to the test device.
- Wait 10 minutes and read the result.
The test kit comes with detailed instructions for use. Follow the procedure exactly as instructed, and you will not have any difficulties performing the analysis.
Interpretation of the Results
Results are interpreted visually as positive, negative or invalid.
Positive: Control (C) and one or two red colour line(s) test lines (T) appear.
- Such a result indicates that either ALT, AST or both transaminases are higher than the standard value.
- Do not panic.
- Consult your doctor about further examination.
Negative: Only a Control line (C) appears.
- Such a result indicates that ALT and AST are within the normal range.
- From time to time, repeat testing.
- If you experience symptoms of liver injury, consult your doctor.
Invalid: Invalid result appears if you do not carefully follow instructions for use. Please take a photo of such a test result and contact us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions about the Patris Health® Liver Function Home Test
One should check ALT and AST in blood regularly to monitor their concentration. If they are elevated above the standard (80 IU/L), liver health might be at risk.
People with liver injury do not necessarily experience any symptoms; therefore, they should not wait for examination until it hurts.
ALT and AST enzymes pass from cells to the blood before the appearance of clinical symptoms of liver damage1; therefore, testing for ALT and AST in the blood is hugely beneficial for the early diagnosis of liver injury.
1 Vroon DH, Israili Z. Aminotransferases. In: Walker HK, Hall WD, Hurst JW, editors. Clinical Methods: The History, Physical, and Laboratory Examinations. 3rd edition. Boston: Butterworths; 1990. Chapter 99.
Yes, intensive exercise, for example, can increase transaminase activities, and the result might appear false-positive. In such a case, you should repeat your testing or consult a doctor for a thorough examination.
Yes. Alcohol abuse is one of the most common causes of liver injury. When the liver is injured, it releases enzymes in the blood.
A clinical performance evaluation study demonstrated that the test is at least 89,2% accurate. Moreover, it is very reliable. It is based on proven technology used in clinical settings for over 10 years.
The Patris Health® Liver Function Home Test is manufactured in France with premium materials according to ISO13485. It is CE0483 certified in Germany and approved for home use by the European authorities.
If, for any reason, the test does not work, please take a photo of it, and send it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our tests are straightforward and designed for non-professionals. Errors happen when individuals do not follow instructions for use strictly. You must not skip any step of the testing procedure. The test kit comes with illustrated and explanatory instructions for use. If you follow them, you will not have any difficulties.