Key facts about the Patris Health Ointment No. 3
Ointment No. 3 is an excellent aid for treating Inflammatory Skin Conditions. Camphor works well against inflammation and microbes. It is effective with bacterial or fungal infections, such as acne, pimples, athlete’s foot, and ringworm. It absorbs quickly and leaves a feeling of freshness.
- Functional ingredients: Camphor.
- Target conditions: Acne, pimples, fungal infections, inflamed skin.
- Recommended use: Apply a sufficient amount of the ointment to the skin at the affected area and massage until the skin absorbs the ointment. Regular use increases efficiency.
- Net volume: 84 g
- Paraben-free, Silicon-free, Not Tested on Animals
- Trade name: Patris Health Ointment No. 3
Medicinal properties of the Patris Health Ointment No. 3 functional ingredients
Camphor exhibits several biological properties such as antimicrobial, antiviral and antitussive effects.1
Camphor has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. It has been used for treating inflammation, infection, congestion, muscle pain, and irritation in various regions.2
C. camphora has potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activity. It is an efficient remedy for skin inflammation.
Camphora Essential oil has long been used in traditional medicine for the treatment of inflammation-related diseases, such as rheumatism, bronchitis and muscle pains.2
Camphora also inhibits certain yeast.3 Due to its antifungal activity, camphora can be used to treat fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworm.
Benefits of using Camphor in treating skin disorders.
Acne: Camphor can help to reduce the inflammation and redness associated with acne breakouts. It also has antimicrobial properties that can help to control the growth of bacteria that can cause acne.
Eczema: The anti-inflammatory properties of camphor can help reduce the itching and irritation associated with eczema flare-ups.
Psoriasis: The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of camphor may help to reduce the redness, itchiness, and scaling associated with psoriasis flares.
Fungal infections: Camphor has antifungal properties and can help treat skin yeast infections (e.g. on the legs, hands, and nails).
List of references:
- Chen W, Vermaak I, Viljoen A. Camphor–a fumigant during the Black Death and a coveted fragrant wood in ancient Egypt and Babylon–a review. Molecules. 2013 May 10;18(5):5434-54.
- Lee SH, Kim DS, Park SH, Park H. Phytochemistry and Applications of Cinnamomum camphora Essential Oils. Molecules. 2022 Apr 22;27(9):2695.
- Wang J., Cao X., Song L., Ding Z., Tang F., Yue Y. Comparative chemical composition and antifungal activity of the essential oils of Cinnamomum camphora L. Presl Leaves from three geographic origins. Food Sci. 2017;38:131–136.