Essential information about the Patris Health Syphilis Home Test
The Patris Health Syphilis Home Test is an innovative medical diagnostic test for self-testing sexually transmitted infection with Treponema pallidum, bacteria causing syphilis. You can check by yourself at home in 15 minutes and from one drop of blood if you have syphilis.
Anonymous STD Self-Testing.
Frequently Asked Questions about the syphilis testing
Syphilis blood test detects specific antibodies against Treponema pallidum, a pathogen bacteria causing syphilis.
You need to draw a drop of blood from a fingertip and add it to the test device (test kit includes a lancet, pipette and alcohol pad for finger capillary blood collection).
When a person gets infected, the body’s immune system produces specific antibodies that circulate in the blood and look for the bacteria to eliminate them. That is why antibodies are in the blood.
It needs to pass at least 5 weeks after a potential infection before it is relevant to perform the test.
The so-called incubation period varies from person to person. Anti-treponemal antibodies’ concentration increases with time and reaches its peak at 1-2 years after infection. In most infected, specific antibodies can be detected in about 5 weeks after infection (6-14 days after the primary chancre appears).1
If you had risky sexual contact, and the result of the syphilis test is negative, you should perform more tests in the upcoming weeks. The concentration of antibodies may still not be high enough to be detected.
1 Peeling, R., Mabey, D., Kamb, M. et al. Syphilis. Nat Rev Dis Primers 3, 17073 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/nrdp.2017.73
No. Once you get infected, antibodies against T. pallidum stay in your body for life even though you are successfully treated (please be aware that you can get infected again).
Therefore serology tests that detect antibodies against T. pallidum do not help to evaluate treatment effectiveness2. You should talk to your doctor about a relevant examination.
2 Peeling, R., Mabey, D., Kamb, M. et al. Syphilis. Nat Rev Dis Primers 3, 17073 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/nrdp.2017.73
People often ask us this question because they are interested if they have been infected ever in the past.
Syphilis specific antibodies stay in the blood for life. Therefore if you got infected 10, 20, 40 or more years ago, this syphilis blood test is still relevant.
After initial representation of syphilis as chancre, symptoms as fever, headache can easily be overlooked. Once syphilis is in the latent stage, which can last for many years, no signs and symptoms appear.3 This means that person can live with syphilis for many years without knowing.
3 Peeling, R., Mabey, D., Kamb, M. et al. Syphilis. Nat Rev Dis Primers 3, 17073 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/nrdp.2017.73
Yes, you can trust the result (the test is at least 97% accurate). But to avoid false-negative results, you need to wait at least five weeks after potential infection (risky sexual contact) before performing the test.
Yes, it is discreet. There will not be any marks on the box about the content.
Advantages of the Patris Health Syphilis Home Test
- You do it yourself: Your carry out the analysis by yourself at home.
- 100% anonymous: you do not need to send your sample to the laboratory or visit a doctor.
- Testing takes 15 minutes of your time: 5 minutes for the analysis and 10 minutes waiting time for the result.
- At least 97% accurate: Clinically validated in extensive clinical trials with 1661 cases.
- User-friendly testing protocol: Explanatory step-by-step instructions will guide you throughout the testing procedure.
- Certified for home use by the European authorities: ISO13485, CE0483, European directive 98/79/EC on the in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- Reliable and proven technology: Used in medical settings for over 15 years.
4 European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
How accurate is the test?
The Patris Health Syphilis Home Test is at least 97% accurate. In three extensive clinical trials, the test showed a correct result in over 97% of cases.
A performance evaluation study was conducted in 1661 cases, including infected individuals and confirmed blood samples.
The test relies on proven technology and is in use in clinical settings for over 15 years.
The Patris Health Syphilis Home Test is manufactured in France with premium materials according to ISO13485. It is CE0483 certified in Germany and approved for home use by the European authorities.
A finger prick and 15 minutes of your time.
How to perform the analysis?
Very important: Please note that it needs to pass at least five weeks after a risky sexual contact before it is relevant to perform the test.
Testing is straightforward:
- Draw a drop of blood from a fingertip.
- Add the blood and testing solution to the test device.
- Wait 10 minutes and read the result.
The Syphilis Home Test kit contains everything you need to perform the analysis by yourself at home.
How to read and interpret the result?
You read the results visually as negative, positive or invalid.
NEGATIVE: Only a control line (C) appears.
- A negative result means that the test did not detect antibodies against Treponema pallidum in the blood sample.
- In the first few weeks after the infection, a negative result is possible because your immune system did not yet produce enough antibodies that could be detected.
- If you have had risky sexual contact recently, you should repeat testing with another test in the coming weeks.
POSITIVE: Two lines, a control line (C) and a test line (T) appear.
- A positive result means that the test detected antibodies against Treponema pallidum in the blood sample.
- Do not panic.
- Talk with your physician and keep in mind that syphilis is treatable with antibiotics.
INVALID: Invalid result appears if you do not carefully follow instructions for use. Please take a photo of such a test result and contact us at [email protected]