Essential information about the Patris Health® Thyroid Function Home Test
How to perform the test?
The Patris Health® Thyroid Function Home Test is a valuable aid in monitoring the health of a thyroid gland. Elevated TSH concentration in blood indicates an underactive thyroid. You can check if your TSH is elevated by yourself at home.
- Intended use: Detection of elevated Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) for assesment of underactive Thyroid.
- For self-testing: No experience needed.
- Sample type: Finger capillary blood.
- Testing time: 15 minutes
- Accuracy: At least 98%, clinically validated.
- Certificates: ISO13485, CE0483
- Compliance: European directive 98/79/EC on the in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- Trade name: Patris Health® – Thyroid Function Home Test
- Made in France
The Patris Health® Thyroid Function Home Test Kit includes:
- one testing device,
- one diluent buffer,
- two micro-pipettes for blood transfer,
- two lancets to puncture a fingertip,
- one alcohol pad to disinfect the puncture site,
- detailed instructions for use with the illustrative step-by-step testing procedure.
Note: You need only one pipette and one lancet to perform the test. Extra one pipette and one lancet are included in the kit as spare parts if you need them to complete the testing procedure successfully.
Testing will take 15 minutes of your time. Individuals usually need about 5 minutes to perform the analysis, and then there is a 10-minute waiting time for the result.
- Draw a drop of blood from a fingertip.
- Add the blood and testing solution to the test device.
- Wait 10 minutes and read the result.
The test kit comes with detailed instructions for use. Follow the procedure exactly as instructed, and you will not have any difficulties performing the analysis.
Interpretation of the Results
Results are interpreted visually as positive, negative or invalid.
The Colour intensity of the test line and control line can be different. If the line is visible, you should take the result into account.
Positive result: Control (C) and Test (T) lines appear.
- Such a result indicates that the TSH level is higher than 5 μIU/mL.
- Do not panic.
- Consult your doctor about further examination.
Negative result: Only a Control line (C) appears.
- Such a result indicates that the TSH level is under 5 μIU/mL.
- From time to time, check your TSH, especially if you experience symptoms of underactive thyroid.
Invalid result: Invalid result appears if you do not carefully follow instructions for use. Please take a photo of such a test result and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions about the Patris Health® Thyroid Function Home Test
TSH is an abbreviation of the Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone produced by the anterior pituitary in the brain. It regulates and controls thyroid gland activity. When TSH is elevated, it indicates an underactive thyroid.1
1 Pirahanchi Y, Toro F, Jialal I. Physiology, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. [Updated 2021 May 9]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021.
Fatigue, depression, weight gain, dry skin, hair loss, constipation are common signs of underactive thyroid. If you experience any of them, it is worth performing the TSH test.
You can perform the TSH blood test at any time of the day. There are no special preparations needed before the analysis.
You should not perform the TSH blood test in case of thyroid hormone treatment.
The result will tell you whether the concentration of TSH is below or above the standard. If TSH is elevated, the result will be positive. A positive result indicates underactive thyroid. You need to consult a doctor.
TSH is the first-line screening test for the majority of patients with a suspected thyroid problem. Together with T3 and T4, it helps assess whether thyroid disease is primary or secondary.2
2 Pirahanchi Y, Toro F, Jialal I. Physiology, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. [Updated 2021 May 9]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021.
The test’s limit of detection is 5 μIU/mL. According to the World, Health Organization this is a reference standard of normal TSH concentration in blood.
A clinical performance evaluation study demonstrated that the test is at least 98% accurate.
Moreover, it is very reliable. It is based on proven technology used in clinical settings for over 10 years.
The Patris Health® Thyroid Function Home Test is manufactured in France with premium materials according to ISO13485. It is CE0483 certified in Germany and approved for home use by the European authorities.
If, for any reason, the test does not work, please take a photo of it, and send it to us by email at email@example.com
Please note: Our tests are straightforward and designed for non-professionals. Errors happen when individuals do not follow instructions for use strictly. You must not skip any step of the testing procedure. The test kit comes with illustrated and explanatory instructions for use. If you follow them, you will not have any difficulties.